Monday, July 03, 2006

Hotter Than July !!

Stevie Wonder from September 1980, Marie bought it for me. But anyway, looks like the UK is going to at least start July with some really hot weather. Good for Wimbledon I suppose - not so good for, erm, well insulated chaps like myself.

Of course, like a lot of other English people, I am still rather disappointed by the defeat at the hands of Portugal on Saturday afternoon. It might sound bitter but I honestly believe that Portugal's approach has been despicable both in the game against the Netherlands and against England - win at any (cheating) costs.

I would love to be a fly on the wall of the Manchester United changing rooms when Christian Ronaldo returns for pre-season training and Wayne "splits him in two" (front page of the Sun newspaper 3rd July 2006).

Ah well - there is always 2010.

No comments: