Monday, October 16, 2006

Better late than never

X-factor last week - absolutely spot on that The Unconventionals bit the dust - that really was a dire performance, big mistake. I was re-assured to see Dionne in the bottom 2 as well - since I just don't like her much and I guess I am not alone. The order that the rest are read out is pretty well irrelevant. So enough about that.

I thought that all of Simon's crew did OK - Ray does need some serious vocal coaching though and quickly otherwise he'll bite the dust. Nikita remains my favourite of the 16-24s though.

Louis - poor Louis - the man is deluded, he made some comment about the McDonald Brothers being better than Journey South. He must be raving!! They were dire in my view and I am surprised that they were not also in the bottom 2 with The Unconventionals - I guess that they're going to pick up the Scottish vote though along with Nikita. The 2 male vocal groups were OK but neither have me going "wow".

Sharon's 4 all looked strong to me - whilst I don't like Dionne, for reasons I cannot yet articulate, I cannot deny she has a strong voice. Kerry did OK too - but that was a safe song for her - let's see what next week brings. Robert - man what an amazing voice he has, I just hope they manage to calm him down a bit before next week. And Ben - well it is time for me to eat my hat - I thought he was outstanding.

My top 3 so far then are:

1) Ben
2) Robert
3) Nikita

No comments: