Monday, March 06, 2006

American Idol 2006

OK, a lot of people I know are well aware that I am
sort of addicted to shows like American Idol. This year's American
Idol has just reached the last 24 stage, well actually it is 2 weeks
in and so we're at the last 16 in fact. 8 guys and 8 gals.

Guys
====

1) Ace Young - got that smouldering thing going on.
2) Bucky Covington - country boy, did Garth Brooks this week.
3) Chris Daughtry - rocker, was singled out by the judges this week in
a good way
4) Elliot Yamin - excellent voice, looks a bit Amish mind you.
5) Gedeon McKinney - soul singer, hugest smile I have ever seen.
6) Kevin Covais - good singer, this years token geek.
7) Taylor Hicks - superb singer, reminds me of Michael McDonald
8) Will Makar - good singer, awful hair

Gals
====

1) Ayla Brown - serial overachiever, annoys the heck out of me, sings OK.
2) Katharine McPhee - good singer, has a slight attitude problem in my view.
3) Kellie Pickler - good singer, heavy play on bad family background
is getting a bit tiresome now.
4) Kinnik Sky - reasonable singer, nothing special though.
5) Lisa Tucker - excellent singer, could go far.
6) Mandisa - excellent singer and a strong, confident personality.
7) Melissa McGhee - good singer, but forgettable.
8) Paris Bennett - outstanding singer, could win this.

So it's probably pretty obvious from my notes above. But I think that
the guys have an advantage this year. Having said that - one more
week, 4 more go and there will be 6 guys and 6 gals left for the final
stages. Very hard to say who will get booted next week - but from the
girls I think it could well be Melissa and Ayla because the other 6
have a bit more about them in my view. For the guys, I hope that Will
and Kevin go next - not because they're horrible singers, but because
I think the other 6 are better.

My personal favourite is Taylor. But Chris was outstanding this week.
I didn't see the girls this week - but I am told that they were pretty
poor with even Paris doing a sub-standard performance.

What do you think ???

No comments: