Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Yeah so, down to the final 10 ...

... on American Idol. The final 12 worked out slightly different from my prediction - but I feel gratified that the 2 I didn't expect to get in are now gone - Melissa and Kevin. Melissa just left me stone cold and well Kevin, little Kevin, was never going to win - but I have a lot of respect for how he handled himself on the show for a 16 year old.

At moment, my favourite is Chris - I have enjoyed everyone of his performances so far without exception. Taylor and Bucky were below par for me last week. Elliot did another strong performance in my view - but not really my kind of music. And Ace, well enough said - I don't like him at all - he has to be the next guy to go. He might not go next - but he's the worst of the guys for me.

As for the Girls - Mandisa was excellent, Catherine was great too, Kellie was very good too, Paris was OK and Lisa was just "a'ight for me dog". Which is a quick way of saying I expect Lisa to go next in the girls.

Having said that - if Bucky screws up again this week, then he could be out.

So - I want Chris to win. But expect that he will not - I imagine that one of the more "mainstream" contestants will appeal to the American voting public more and will win out over Chris once the votes start to consolidate as the also-rans run !!

No comments: