Thursday, December 07, 2006

Another Month Rolls By !!

I used to be really quite good at blogging - probably for about 2 years or so I was blogging at least daily and often more frequently than that. Now though, weeks go by before I make another entry.

Perhaps this is because there is simply nothing in my life worth writing about - but frankly this is not true. Loads of stuff happens but somehow most of it I am reluctant to post in a public blog.

This I have concluded is a combination of ego and paranoia. Ego, because I am assuming that people actually read this. Paranoia, because I assume that people that can do nasty things to my life read it.

The chances are that hardly anyone reads it - the evidence would suggest this, practically no comments are ever made on my blog. Whereas some of my friends that blog get lots of comments on their blogs. On that score, though I am not paranoid - because they're friends that comment are for the most part fellow bloggers.

And I *know* that some of my friends that blog are even worse at blogging regularly than I am. And I have a lot of friends, colleagues and family who simply don't blog - or at least as far as I am aware they don't. I could be in for a surprise.

Anyway, this blog entry has now become what my friend Benji would probably describe as "vacuous". It is almost certainly too long (for something that actually says nothing) and besides I am thirsty and I can feel a Coke Zero coming on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read it! The reason I don't comment much (well, ever) is because I get your blog RSSed to my LiveJournal friends page ... and I'm not sure that a comment made there will be visible to you here.

Anonymous said...

I read it too Simes!

:-)