Sunday, May 07, 2006

American Idol - 2 for the price of 1

OK so I slacked and didn't post anything from last week when Kellie Pickler bit the dust and now this week Paris Bennett has gone. I was not surprised to see Kellie go last week nor Paris this. Kellie had really been struggling for a couple of weeks and her time was up. As for Paris, I think that a couple of factors led to her departure - one Simon Cowell decided she was not for him and has been making it very clear for a number of weeks now. But most of all - it kinda struck me that do the American public really want to idolise a 16 year old kid that talks like Minnie Mouse? Clearly not.

So we've got Catherine left - she's got the look but half the time she ain't got the voice. As my friend Stuart said "Everytime she tries to raise her game it all goes wrong" - she did the Phil Collin's song no favours at all last week. Next week I think that Elliot could well go, but Catherine has to be at risk as well. They're doing Elvis songs - which to me would seem to be an advantage to the guys. I am sorta hoping that Catherine does go - because despite the comments earlier, if she gets a couple of songs that suit her then she can appear to be outstanding.

My favoured outcome at the moment is for Catherine to go next week - and then Chris will win - because neither Elliot or Taylor are going to get more votes than him in a straight sing-off. The risk is that Catherine doesn't go and she gets the mainstream , conformist vote and wins. I hope not!

No comments: