Friday, May 12, 2006

American Idol gets it wrong again.

Jeez I really wonder why I watch these programs when I should have the basic intelligence to understand that the mainstream TV voting demographic will never pick out someone with an edge as the winner.

This combined with more rumours of a telephone number screw-up. Claims from Chris Daughtry's fans that they voted on his number and got the voice of another contestant thanking them for the vote.

As much as I like Chris - I don't think he was that good with the Elvis songs. Elliot was outstanding and Taylor did good too - but come on Catherine was diabolical on her first song and through no fault of her own, the arrangement screwed her second performance too.

But there is no way Chris should have gone. I am really disappointed - more disappointed than I was then Bo lost the final last year.

Apparently though there is talk of Chris perhaps becoming the lead singer for the band Fuel - read more about that here >> http://www.fuelweb.com/.

Whatever happens I really do hope that we get to hear more of Chris Daughtry.

No comments: