Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Lunchtime on Hump Day

It doesn't get much more middle of the week than noon on a Wednesday. Last weekend is now forgotten and the coming weekend seems a long way off.

I'm feeling at a bit of a low ebb which is not helping. I feel so isolated when I am in Leeds - during the day work takes care of me, but as nice as my little flat is ... it is not home. And I don't know why but speaking to the family on the phone is just anything like being there. A phone call is sub-optimal when what you really want is company. When you phone someone up they expect you to talk - this is perfectly understandable because the vast majority of phone calls are made to impart some information such as "I'll meet you in town at 8pm" or "I'll be home in about 2 hours" etc. I don't necessarily want to talk all the time, I want people around me but sitting on the phone with someone while, say, watching TV - as you might do if you were with them - would be a bit odd.

Ah well, there's no magic answer ... but hopefully it makes a bit more sense now !!

No comments: